Hollywood and Anaheim


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
November 26th 2005
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Finally I have been able to find some internet access over here! It has been a struggle...

Here goes the big catch up on what we have been up to...

Our third day in Hollywood was spent as traditional tourists on the "Tour of the stars homes" where we sat on a bus and drove around the Hollywood hills and Beverly Hills areas being shown all of the big houses. We also saw things like the shop Wynona Rider was caught shoplifting in and other out of the ordinary places that made the tour a little more interesting. The houses were absolutely huge. I can not believe that anyone would ever be able to live in them comfortably, but I guess they all have to do something with their money.

We also go to do a behind the scenes tour of the Kodak Theatre where the Oscars are hosted every year. I think this was my favourite part of Hollywood. We were actually taken on to the stage and were able to look out to where the audience would be sitting and pretend that we were up accepting an award! It was amazing, I cant wait for the Oscars next year to be able to say "I've been there". We also got to walk through the auditorium and sit in the seats... I sat in Nicole Kidman's seat!!!!!!!

That was our last day in Hollywood before we caught the train to Anaheim.

After catching the train to Anaheim, we saw the Anaheim Mighty Ducks play ice hockey at their home stadium, The Pond - very appropriate name. The game was kind of close until the end which made it very exciting. The Ducks won in the end 3-0 so that made it even better.

We then headed on to Dowtown Disney which is a big shopping plaza thing of restaurants and shops just outside the gates of Disneyland. We did some shopping but were really only there to try and watch the fireworks (which of course were fantastic).

Disneyland was the next day. It was fantastic. Luckily we timed it very well, apparently the monday and tuesday after Thanksgiving are two of the quietest days so we got to go on lots of rides with hardly any queues. And of course, just like Universal, we were like two big kids in... well, in a theme park - "I want to go on this one next" "No, I want to go on this one next!". Thankgoodness there werent too many lines or else there might have been fights! (And yes I did make time go on "Pinochio's Daring Adventure", much to his disapproval).

We lined up with all of the little kids to watch the parades, but one of the highlights was definately seeing the fireworks just under Sleeping Beauty's castle eating a hot turkey leg for dinner. Yes, that's right, a turkey leg! These things were huge!!!! But they were so good.

And after these crazy few days, we were packed up and out of the hotel at 7am the next morning (yes, that was fun trying to get me awake and organised at that time!) and off to Vegas...






Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb