Suntrek Trip - Day 1: LA to Joshua Tree National Park


Advertisement
Published: October 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1: LA - Joshua Tree National Park


Today began my Suntrek tour of the west of the USA. First time I'd been to most of these places. The tour started in LA with a quick meet & greet with the group I was to spend the next 7 days with. We had a Swiss tour guide - Priska and there were 12 others besides me: 2 Brits (1 Scottish, 1 English), 2 Swedish, 2 Japanese, 3 Germans (how could we get by without germans?), 1 Panamaian, and 2 other Aussies. Only one member of our group was male & he just happened to be an Aussie so I quickly made friends with him.

Our first stop was the Beverly Wilshire hotel - the hotel from "Pretty Woman." Next we walked along Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills then went to Hollywood. We walked by the Kodak Theatre, along the walk of fame and saw Graumann's Chinese Theatre where all the handprints & footprints are. After that we drove to an area where we took a short walk to get a good view of the Hollywood sign.

We left LA and headed west into the dessert of California. To Joshua Tree National Park to be exact. We stopped once along the way and felt the heat we were to be looking forward to for the next few days. It was hot as anything, probably about 45 degrees Celcius. Joshua Tree National Park was really nice, lots of weird looking Joshua Trees - named by the Mormans who first settled there & thought they looked like the prophet Joshua. The campsite we stayed at was in amongst a bunch of really nice, but huge rock formations. Some of us climbed up as far as we could to catch the sunset that day. Only Rob the "Good Morning shot" man made it to the top.

After playing a few getting-to-know-you games (and finding out that Priska's only rule was that if we needed to fart in the van to just do it!) we were off to bed. No shower tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hollywood SignHollywood Sign
Hollywood Sign

The sight of Rob's first "Good Morning shot"


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb