Suntrek Trip Day 2: Joshua Tree National Park to Lake Havasu


Advertisement
Published: October 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today we woke bright & early (well most of us not early enough to catch the sunrise) and packed up our campsite ready for a short hike round the national park. Some people (sadly not me) saw a roadrunner. Yes, a real roadrunner. I saw a jack rabbit. After the walk we started the long, hot drive into Arizona and to Lake Havasu, our next destination.

We stopped in Lake Havasu City to buy groceries for the week. After filling 2 and a half trollies full we proceeded to the check out and payed only $120! This place was great! Then we headed over the original London Bridge to the campsite where we parked and first thing we did was all run into the lake in our clothes. The weather was so hot that once we were out of the water we were all dry (hair included) in about 5 minutes. After unloading all the gear and setting up camp, a few of us were sitting round talking and a guy came by on his 4 wheeler and started talking to us. His name was Jeff & he offered us a ride on his boat so in 2 groups we went for a ride. The weather was so hot that even speeding through the water on the boat you felt like you were in an oven!

After a few drinks that night with the brits, Marina one of the Germans, and Rob the aussie we sat in the water for hours - till about 11:30 - sans bathing suits! We all slept on the beach that night, no tents. No shower that night either.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Bunch of letterboxes on the side of the roadBunch of letterboxes on the side of the road
Bunch of letterboxes on the side of the road

These are so the postman can actually deliver his mail in a day.
Standing by a dry lakeStanding by a dry lake
Standing by a dry lake

The white stuff is salt deposits
Crossing into ArizonaCrossing into Arizona
Crossing into Arizona

I was sitting in the front seat so got this cool shot.
Our campsite by the lakeOur campsite by the lake
Our campsite by the lake

The little gazebo thing was where we cooked and ate.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb