Photo Mayhem...


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone. We were overwhelmed by all of your excellent Christmas comments so thank you very much. We are glad you all had a great time too!

Since writing last, we had one more day in Fiji. We went to a nearby island (Denaru) and we had a great time walking along the beaches and through all of the expensive resorts.

The next day we got a flight to Rarotonga (The Cook Islands) and we travelled back in time as we crossed the date line. So we left on the 23rd Decemeber and we arrived on the 22nd which was strange! We were upgraded at our accomodation and we had a lovely xmas tree in our bungalow. Our bungalow has great views of the mountains and is only a minute from the beach.

The next day we went into town which was quite small as the total population of the Rarotonga is only 9000 people. We went to the local market and into the supermarket. We also wondered down our local beach and we saw a massive crab which was disgusting. In the evening we experienced Christmas goodwill from a fellow holidayer, Jeff (retired Canadian travller), who gave us both a chocolate bar each which was amazing (as it was our first on this trip).

On Christmas Eve, we were then kindly taken around the island by Jeff in his car and the island is only 22 miles in circumferance and so it didnt take long to go around it. He took us to the best beaches and resorts which was great.

On Christmas day there was great sunny weather and we started Christmas Day with present giving. It didnt take as long as normal but Bob gave me 2 handmade shell necklaces and I gave Bob a pencil with shells stuck on them. We then went to the local beach and did some shell collecting. We had to cook our own Christmas lunch which is a first and it was vegetarian which is also a first. We had fried rice, pinapple and crackers (the eatng variety) which was very good. We ate this on our balcony which was fabulous. We handmade Christmas games for one another and we played a few of those which was fun. We then experienced more Christmas spirit from other holidayers (Kathy and her mum) who invited us to swim at the beach which was great fun. After swimming, we were fed fab food by them as they weren't too impressed by our xmas lunch. We got chicken, potatoes, ice cream and cake etc!!! We then attended church with them in the evening and we heard lovely choir singing.

On Boxing Day, Kathy and her mum fed us for breakfast and for lunch which was really kind. We went to the beach with them again which was lovely.

We then spent the next four days with Jeff. We went to resorts in the morning for coffee and then again in the evening for happy hour with beach walks in between. We also saw great sunsets and sunrises too. We had a great relaxing time.

Jeff kindly took us to the sirport on the last day and we had a short flight to Tahiti. We arrived at 2am and so we stayed there until it was light. We got on a ferry to Moorea which is another small island (Population = 12,000/30 miles in circumference) off the coast of Tahiti. The island was breathtaking as it is mountainous and covered with palm trees. We had a local walk and we saw a lovely sunset too, but becuase we were so knackered we didnt make it to 12am on New Years Eve (but we heard the fireworks go off).
On New Years Day, we went to a great view point with the kindness of a french tourist who gave us a lift up to the top as it was too far to walk. He then dropped us off at a lovely beach and Bob went in the sea.
We had a relaxing time on the following day as we swam all day at the beach just by our hostel. The water was really clear and warm and it was definitely the best place to swim.
We went to Tahiti the next day and we went to a nice black sand beach and a view point and we went to the best beach on Tahiti the next day and we saw great views of Moorea.

On a very very very sad note (am crying as I type this) we have discovered the internet place that we uploaded all of our beautiful pictures from the islands were not put onto our hardrive properly despite the computer saying it did it. Bob is currently doing a great job arguing with the boss but we are stuck for ideas so HELP! What should we do about this situation????? Please comment as we need ideas quick and fast so we can act! Thanks.

Advertisement



11th January 2007

Swimming?
Lovely to hear from you again Bobbies. Was it difficult to swim in the sea with your jeans on? Coronation street is hotting up - is your dad giving you the plot? Nanny and Grandad had a lovely 65th Wedding Anniversary tea party on the 9th Jan. They had a card from the Queen. Not too many sunsets over here! Love J and K xx
11th January 2007

Photos
If the photos are still on your camera flash card, can't you upload them again? Don't say you cleared your card. Where are all the photos you are bringing home! Love, Cuz
11th January 2007

Pics
Hi Bobbies, I don't know if this is helpful..........The pics shown in the journals are loaded from the travelblog.com server, so they still have them. They should be able to gather them all but it would be a large file and how would they get them to you? Perhaps you could open a GMail account and ask them to email them to you, this would give you 2 gig of space free of charge. You can of course drag and drop them onto the desktop, but they are of course compressed jpegs. Some pics can be recovered from your smartcards if you havent overwritten them. Sorry I can't be more heplful. My best for 2007 Graham
12th January 2007

Lost Photos
If your computer said that it saved them then it probably did. Stoopid question but have you run a search for them. You may have accidentally put them on the wrong directory. They could be sitting with some old email or Word documents. Definitely worth a try. Love, Cuz
12th January 2007

Photos
Ask you cousins Neil and Andrew - they may be able to help? Love Auntie J
12th January 2007

One and ONLY comment
ive sent a program to tanyamcaleer@hotmail.com, should be able to recover some files

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1mb