Welcome to Hollywood!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hermosa Beach
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Pat and I have been quite busy since we last updated the blog!

Thanks for all your messages - hey guess what Jim - I got the duvet but will explain how later!!!!

So Pat and I left Big Sur on 15th but before leaving we sampled some of the local beverages and the very local bar - Pat has now decided to put his two pence worth in so the rest here is not my words!!!!

Pat - So we decided to sample some of the local beverages with some of the local weirdos who apart from being rejects of the 70's love culture thought that it wasn't too much against the law to pump themselves full of every drug known to man kind! Oh and one of them had a dog. Also spotted 2 racoons getting intimate in a tree looking at us humans getting drunk! All of which Jen couldn't remember as she was off her face at the time (In my defense - me speaking now - the barman served more vodka than coke in the glasses!!) Pat has said 'stop butting in'! Damn!

Evening ended with Pat practising his fireman carry down 80 steps to the campsite to the tent where Jen was most impressive with her impression of that girl from the exorocist and the most interesting part of the night was putting the snoring beast to bed!!!

Back to me now and Pat is so never ever coming with me when I update the blog again!!!! The worst part of being drunk was that I had actually persuaded Pat to get the camp bed and that was the first night of using it and unfortunately I could have been sleeping on a porcipine and I would have been comfy!!! Yeah Me Pat is saying and it didn't stop her snoring like a warus!!!

So anyway we left the Big Sur and headed south where even Pat with our lovely campbed had to admit he was getting old and fancied a night in a hotel!!! And after 7 nights camping and looking like a banshee I couldn't wait!!!

We booked into a lovely hotel in Arilla Beach which was just off Highway 1. The bonuses you lot who are not camping won't realise but I will make you aware of:

1 - Carpet under feet
2 - not having to wear shoes all the time
3 - not having to wear all the clothes you brought for 6 months to bed every evening just to keep warm!
4 - not having to use a GPS system to find the loo in the dark in the middle of the night!

Pat says BIG WUS!!!

Anyway the beach was lovely and the luxury was great. Jens gone to the loo so ive got control weey hey!!
The seaside town of Arilla was absolutely fantastic the hotel was totally funky and the owners were dead nice .The perfect way to relax.

The next day we travelled to Ventura beach just about 100 miles short of LA ,where we booked into a Motel 6 ,which is one of your cheeper digs .How do i describe this hotel ?well !have you seen the hotels on cop programmes where the bad guys on the run from the police and he's held up in a seedy hotel were all you can here is other people having loud sex next door and the sound of the odd pistol going off outside and police sirens in the background, that sort of hotel!!Oh and it also had warning sign inside the door to keep the dead lock on and keep the windows locked and dont answer the door. All in all a most different experience ,but it made it all worth it when we saw the beach at Ventura which seemed to stretch as far as the eye could see ,with beutiful warm water ,and tall waves ,!!jen even got saved by a lifeguard!!!HA HA!!HAIL THE HOFF!!!!
Well we stayed all day on the beach sunning it up and watching the surfers fall off their boards,and generally thinking how life was good and how lucky we are.

Im back! I got saved after falling over jogging - cos Pat is making me jog every morning - some bloody holiday this is - its like boot camp!!!

So after Ventura it was down to LA BABY!!!! We kept on Highway 1 and we stopped at Malibu Beach and was distracted when we saw on the side of the road an area covered with thousands of American Flags. When we stopped and asked why the flags were there the students and the Uni where they were stated there were 3000 flags to represent and remember each life taken in 9/11. Very moving and impressive.

Stopped for a coffee in Malibu and it was full of beach bums all of who were about 40-50 years old - yes Pat included !!! The houses were amazing but could only see the backs of them as they were mostly on private roads!

Anyway arrived in LA and booked into the Holiday Inn Express in Hermosa Beach - this luxury just gets better!!!

Met up with Big Dan and Jen from work in the evening and had a few drinks in the local beach bar!

The following evening we met up again and headed off to a restuarant that Dan used to visit as a child back in 1892 - opps I meant to say 1982!!! The restuarant was fab and it was brill to see Dan and Jen and we had an outstanding evening and the company was great as usual!

The following day was out last in LA so I decided to book us on the tackiest tour EVER!!!! Pat says IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!

It began with a tour of the stars homes in Beverly Hills and Bel Air!!! Where we got to see all the stars front gates!!!! Which was better than the day before when we drove around Beverly Hills ourselves and I made Pat buy us a map of where the stars all live and try and find them!! OMG I'm a star stalker!!!

Anyway I think our tour guide was obessed with death and he took us to see Marolyn Monroes grave and then proceeded to show us all the dead stars homes!! Um really interesting NOT!!! Anyway during a break I had to take a picture of another tour bus which was doing tours "DEARLY DEPARTED" It was a tour all of the dead stars!!! I joked with our driver saying 'OMG YOU WOULD EVER DO THAT' and he said 'THATS MY FRIENDS COMPANY' Opps!

Anyway the following tour guy we had took us to Venice Beach and Hollywood and he was just like your man out of Pretty Woman who at the beginning shouts "WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD, WHATS YOUR DREAM, EVERYBODY HAS A DREAM"

He was the craziest black man ever and we were stuck with him for 6 hours on a bloody small bus!!!

Well we enjoyed LA but we have headed off now towards the Grand Caynon. There are more photos to come but its really hard to find a computer that will allow us to put them on!!!

Just before I go - I managed to get Pat to buy a duvet and now he is even saying we need pillows!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb