Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After having our "midnight snack" at 10.pm last night we slept for another full night. The clothes we rinsed out were all dry, so onto breakfast, albeit in yesterdays clothes. Lol. Food court we went to yesterday does not open till 11.00 so we were recommended the local IHOP. Had the bottomless coffee (blah) I had the turkey bacon & egg white scrambled eggs (a couple of things ticked off my bucket list of American foods) They were yum. The blueberry flavoured maple syrup was yucky.
Consulted the map and started walking..... spied a gorgeous building in the distance and it turns out it was the Los Angeles library. Had a wander around inside, it has a beautiful dome with murals depicting California's history. The lift was lined with old manual library reference cards.
Walked onto the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion and stopped for a while in the glorious Grand Park - a stepped park sloping down the the Los Angeles City Hall - magnificent purple flowering trees everywhere. Heard some church bells chiming every 1/4 hour and went to investigate, ended up having our lunch at the snack shop in the church grounds.
Back to the hotel where still no luggage awaited us. I rang the Virgin Aust hotline where the first call centre idiot kept telling me my bag tag numbers were not valid and couldn't find my name, he kept interrupting me to say "Is it Carlson C A R L S O N? " "NO, my first name is Carolyn" "Oh, Is it Carlyon? C A R...etc etc" I ended up hanging up on him and rang the number again and got the answers I needed, that is, that they had been delivered and were downstairs waiting. We confirmed with the front desk and literally ran down to get them. YAY!!!!!!
Checked in with our tour guide and then went off to buy some supplies for breakfast ( not included with tour) , on the way back we met one of the other couples on the tour (Dianne & Yen) that come from a far away place called ...... Wantirna. Haha.
Suggested we go get a drink at a nearby bar at the Westin Hotel diagonally opposite our hotel, the Bonaventure Brewing Company. Happy hour drinks and snacks. Nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb