Melbourne to L.A.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
May 17th 2019
Published: May 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Early morning Uber ride to Airport where we had 2nd breakfast and then we come to check in....Our 2 larger bags were over 28kg so it was cheaper to buy a new suitcase than to pay excess fees. New suitcase purchased, contents distributed and proceed to check in. Bit of confusion with barcodes on luggage, assistant took a bit of time to sort it out, all good. Flight was very full so no spare seat but leg room not too bad for Glenn. Shitty media program that kept cutting out so that was a bit frustrating. 14 hours later we arrive at L.A. Spent a bit of time at border security as queues were long. Finally to bagge claim................ Our 4 pieces of luggage are nowhere to be seen.

Apparently we were not the only ones... doesnt make me any happier though. Line up with several others to make a lost baggage claim. Whilst waiting the tears started........ lack of sleep, headache, cramped from sleeping sitting up, jet lag etc etc. Well, the luggage was left sitting at Tullarmarine. It was put on a flight to L.A. after our flight left but won't arrive until 6.00am the next day and be sent to our hotel after that, so about lunchtime. Anyways..... bargain shuttle bus to hotel and once i started seeing the famous panorama of L.A. I started to feel ok. We were actually one of the luckier ones as we were staying in L.A. for 3 nights, many others were booked on ongoing transit flights.

Get to hotel, able to check in straight away. Yay. Make a quick trip to the local shops to get some essentials (toiletries, underwear etc) had our first meal, a great burger and fries, then shower and sleep for a few hours. Woke up about 10.pm, had a bit of a snack then sleep again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb