Rodeo Drive


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

There's something you don't expect to see...There's something you don't expect to see...There's something you don't expect to see...

Pet tortoise perambulating along the street.
Geo: 34.0674, -118.401

After a visit to the art markets at Brentwood, we drove through Beverly Hills and Bel Air and gawked at the mansions. Visibility was limited by the haze which apparently usually lasts until early afternoon, before burning off. Pete and Erin also said it doesn't rain in LA. They can only remember light showers on about three occasions in the ten months they've been here.

Then a trip to Rodeo Dr which was closed off for a Ferrari festival - 60 years of Ferrari in the USA. They had dozens of Ferraris on display, from the earliest models, to one-off custom made jobs, to the famous super cars. Most had a little blurb next to them explaining the car and its significance. Then a lovely sandwich and beer lunch at the Honour Bar on Beverly Dr.

Tonight we're off to Staples Centre to watch the LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets ice hockey game. The Kings are last season's Stanley Cup winners.

A good spectacle and the Kings had their first win of the season, 4 - 1. The total time to play three(?) 20 minute periods was a little over 2 1/2 hours. I had done a little online research on the
Ferraris on RodeoFerraris on RodeoFerraris on Rodeo

The Beverly Wiltshire Hotel in the background.
rules and it wasn't too hard to follow. An early gloves-off fisticuffs that saw both players sin binned, some scrappy play and some very skilful passing and defence. The venue doubles for basketball games and has a seating capacity of 18,200.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Ferrari and GucciFerrari and Gucci
Ferrari and Gucci

My two girls
A 250 GT California SpyderA 250 GT California Spyder
A 250 GT California Spyder

Zoom to read the storyboard...
Rodeo side streetRodeo side street
Rodeo side street

With very special shopping - art gallery, jewellery, Versace, etc.
The Honour BarThe Honour Bar
The Honour Bar

Very nice lunch spot.
LA Live precinctLA Live precinct
LA Live precinct

There is an effort to revitalise LA's downtown area. This precinct, with a Ritz-Carlton Hotel, sports stadium, conference centre, entertainment centre, etc, is one of the bigger projects.
Inside Staples CentreInside Staples Centre
Inside Staples Centre

Erin and Peter had bought premium tickets as my birthday present. We had waiter service for food and drinks and I'm resigned to the now normal, 20% tipping.


13th October 2014

Fantastic pics and lovely to see you all together. Made my day XXXXX
13th October 2014

Looks like you are all having a great time in the good ol' USA Rob n Sel. And I'm not at all jealous of your time with the Ferrari collection!
14th October 2014

Terrific photos. Glad you are having such a great time. Best wishes to Erin and Peter
15th October 2014

Sel,I am very jealous re the Ferraris! Did you buy one?Lowie
18th October 2014

Good on you Dad. Will wish E&P for you.

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb