Arrival. 3rd Entry


Advertisement
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The title says it all.
Three time zones, a dozen or so gas stops and two rest stops later, we arrived in Los Angeles, CA Sunday evening at approximately a quarter to 6pm, local (Pacific) time.
Our timing could not have been better; Eric's flight did not depart until late in the evening, so we were able to catch him and spend some time before he headed out. Our first of many adventures in deliciousness ensued; Natalee Thai's is a hip/modern Thai restaurant and bar. And right around the corner from our current location for the next couple of days! The food was good; reasonably priced, fresh ingredients and good portions. Traci and I couldn't get over how much we missed being able to walk or hop on the 'T' back in Boston to get to places like this. A short stroll through virtually any neighborhood can lead to a new discovery here and we haven't had that sort of opportunity for quite some time now.

This morning we were greeted by a dreary, drizzly weather pattern. Now that we awake, it's not keeping so quiet. But we carry on. Our first "To-Do" for today's agenda? Find an umbrella! No time for despairing in ANY situation, least of all when you are 2600 miles from home!
Traci spend some time early this morning 'Googling' some Vegetarian spots; the results look very promising. Going from a culture in which "What's vegetarian mean?" is the staple reply to our diet to one where vegetarian/vegan dining is absolutely boundless (For example, Fatty's Co., a Vegetarian Food and Wine Bar) is fabulous. And don't even get us started on the authentic and ethnic dining options we'll have for the next couple of weeks. Food, my friends, is a glorious thing.

Eric suggested visiting The Grove. Some of you may remember a news story a couple years ago in which an elderly man unfortunately drove through an open market; he confused the gas pedal for the brake pedal and could not stop. Following that incident, this open marketplace of food and wares has apparently made a strong comeback and has a famous daily farmers' market attached to it. We have a travel book and local area map on loan to us so we'll be maximizing usage there.

And with all that, it's time for Breakfast!

Advertisement



23rd December 2008

:)
You guys seem to be having a great time! Good luck with the rest of the trip and I can't wait to hear more about it when you guys get home! Love you...

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.3kb