2nd Entry


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
December 21st 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've made it to Tuscon in record time.
Our trip begin at 4:58pm, Friday Dec. 19th. Since then, we've covered A LOT of territory.
Texas was by far the longest - 800+ miles to get from the eastern border to the western edge. New Mexico and Arizona seem tiny now in comparison.

The landscape is FANTASTIC! The southern states ('Bama, Miss., LA) were pretty similar to our "home" state in Florida (Although I-10 through new Orleans was very cool, lots of marshland and bridges and highway overpasses, ramps, etc.)
But once we got through half of Texas, the land began slowly, but dramatically, rising around us. Small hills have become edges of mountain ranges, rocky hillsides have transformed into gravity defying boulder & sand landscape. The trees have slowly shrunk away, making way for smaller, hearty shrubs and the dozens of cacti have become hundreds, and those now thousands scattered along the roadside and the lands surrounding us.

So, it's Sunday morning - a bit after 10am - and we're sitting in Starbucks. We'll be using the handy Wi-Fi to not only keep you updated, but also google.com our next adventure. With only mere hours between us and California, the excitement just keeps building. Where will be be next? Only time will tell.

P.S. Visit Tuscon. It's GORGEOUS!

Advertisement



21st December 2008

yay!
so happy to hear all is well so far! and so jealous that you're in the south while those of us up north are waiting for the snow to stop so we can dig ourselves out! i can only imagine the beautiful landscape around you and hope i have the opportunity soon to make a similar trip. for now i'll be living vicariously through your blogs! love you both! :)

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb