Day at Disneyland Resort


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.8327, -117.916

After a short drive from the airport, we checked in at the Tropicana Inn and Suites in Anaheim. Our room was not ready so we grabbed the items we were going to need for our day in the parks.

We decided to go into Disney's California Adventure first. The girls first wanted to ride Monster's Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue. The sign said that there was a 10 minutes wait but, it turned out to be just a few minute wait and we were on the ride.

After that we decided to walk back to see how long the wait was for Toy Story Midway Mania. On the way by, I grabbed FastPasses for California Screamin. The wait said 60 minutes and, since we had heard horror stories of four hour waits, we decided to get in line. Turns out that we were in line no more than about 30 minutes before we in our ride vehicle and playing all the games of the midway with the Toy Story characters. The ride was really fun!

Since it was now lunch time we decided that we wanted to grab lunch at Award Wieners. We noticed that their hot dogs are now smaller and instead of the really good shoestring fries you get your choice of chips or apple slices with you hot dog. Although the food is smaller, the prices have remained the same. While we ate, I ran over to Tower of Terror to get a FastPass.

We then went to see Muppet Vision 3D which we haven't seen for a while. After checking for the key under the mat we went into the theater and watched the show. It is still so much fun to watch and, after seeing it countless times I finally turned around and got to see the Swedish Chef, gun and cannon.

We then wandered into the Animation building where we watched Turtle Talk with Crush, drew Minnie and watched the Zoetrope. We also went into the library to find out which Disney Character we were like.

Then we rode Tower of Terror and California Screamin. Somewhere in the day we also found time to get two Tortilla's from the Mission Tortilla Factory tour.

We had pretty much done all we were expecting for the day and it was now 4:00 and our room should have been ready so we headed back to the Tropicana. We unpacked and I did a little work until around 6:00 while Nikki and the girls rested and cooled off.

Then in the car and off to Luigi's d'Italia, our favorite Italian restaurant in Southern California. After a delicious meal we went to Disney's Character Warehouse for some souvenir shopping and then to Target to buy bottled water and snacks to take to the parks.

It was now around 8:30 so we decided to call it a night. The fireworks began at 9:25 and we could see them from our balcony so we stood out and watched them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.9kb