Disneyland


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was Disneyland 😊

We planned to leave 7:30 am and be there when the park opened at 8:00 but as per usual we stuffed around and ended up going later then planned arriving at Disneyland just before 9:00 am.

We headed straight for Indiana Jones ride, which was totally awesome. It indicated a 25 minute wait but it moved really quick. I don't think we waited 25 minutes. If we did it sure did not seem that long. The que is really interesting anyway and sets the mood with tribal stuff and cave and bones. Really good special effects. We went on the ride 3 times, one time riding shotgun which was great.

After that we did pirates of the Caribbean - amazing. The characters have all been done up to match Johnny Deep and the characters in the more recent movies. I didn't think there was drops but there was 2 little ones in the dark. There was a restaurant on the water and we tried to get reservations there but you generally need to a week in advance or so 😞. I would recommend it though the atmosphere was incredible.

We then did haunted mansion, splash mountain, big thunder railroad, tea cups, jungle cruise, Matterhorn bobsled, star wars and space mountain. Space mountain was really cool. I was avoiding it most of the day thinking it would be really scary but it wasn't. Nothing in Disney scared me.. it was just so much fun. California park has more scary rides.

None of the rides ques seemed to be too long. I think the longest indicated wait we has all day was 1.5 - 2 hours but I don't think any of the waits were that long. If they did it sure didn't feel like it.

We left Disney around 6:00 pm pretty exhausted. I went to the Wild Western pre-departure meeting but Cat was wrecked and stayed in bed. I met up with Barb & Jo and went to Taco Bell for dinner and then some random open shops before going to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb