Disneyland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
November 11th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Disneyland was sort of bonus stop for us as we hadn't originally planned to visit. However, over the course of our two week stay in Hermosa a lot of people had recommended that we go see it, as afterall, it was the original created by Walt Disney himself. Opened back in 1955 the park now sits beside the California Adventure Park (Has bigger and more scary rides), but with limited time available we opted for the nostalga of Mickey, Donald, Goofie and all.

As we walked through the gates a big beam came across Jo's face, the train was just pulling into Disneyland Railroad station, excited children (adults as well) giggled with joy, music filled the air and as we turned the corner we got our first glimpse of the magic kingdom. The excitement that you see all around soon rubs off and without realising it we were swept along Main St. USA past the eateries & souvenier shops and were stood infront of the famous bronzed statue of Walt Disney holding the hand of Mickey Mouse. Disney fever had hit!! We had a little sit down to pull ourselves together and work out where would set off next.

Tomorrowland was our first Disney 'Land' and before Jo could object I had her queued in line for the Roller coaster "Space Mountain". The ride was fantastic, you couldn't see anything but the stars in space as it propelled you round at excilerating speeds. My eyes were streaming but soon dried by the time the ride finished, my hearing from Jo's screams took a little longer to correct itself!!

I will keep this blogg short as we are in a hurry to get on a plane to Fiji. Disneyland was great, certainly better than I had imagined. The Parade was so good we ended up watching it twice. The Fireworks at the end were breath taking just to think they do that every night is mind blowing. Unfortuunately I missed the trade marked star across the top of the castle shot, I guess we were too busy going arghhhhhhhhhh!!

The pictures show only a small insight to the constant bombardment of images and sounds that you experience the music, smiles, thrills of the rides, the Jedi training show, Mary 'Bloody' Poppins (fake english accent!), the food, the disney characters, the parade, the fireworks...what a day.

Just to say Happy Birthday to my Sister Katie, lots of Love darling on your 32nd Birthday ; ) !! Big hugs & kisses from Jo & me : ) xxxxxxxxx







Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



28th November 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO JO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 38; qc: 102; dbt: 0.1526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb