A Birthday on the Road to Grover Hot Springs


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bel's Birthday BrowniesBel's Birthday BrowniesBel's Birthday Brownies

Brownie with a horse in whipping cream
GkidG Grandkids trips take a huge amount of planning, at least in order to save as much money as possible. We plan meals and most activities before hand and go to the store with huge lists in hand. This trip is a little different in that we are meeting our other kids, and grandkids at the campground. One son will bring lots of food but the other will likely just bring almond products and possibly some farmer’s market produce.

We always take the kids on our food shopping trip and they pick out snacks. Since this is a grandkids trip we do spoil them at this time; lots of chips, crackers, dried fruit and otherwise junk food, fortunately they are not big candy eaters. We have what we call the snack drawer but today when I went to put in the little granddaughter’s clothes below the snack drawer I found that it was also full of snacks. But we will have 10 people by Thursday so I suppose everything will be eaten.

Finally by 4pm we drove away everything packed and all the last minute shopping done. We anticipated an 8 hour drive so kids piled into the RV except for Zaya who climbed into her car seat and we hit the road.

Today is also one of our granddaughter’s 12th birthday. She has had birthdays in Canyon de Chelly, The Badlands and today on the road to Grover Hot Springs. We stopped along the way at a rest stop for the birthday dinner. We made some Broccoli Soup and Brownies last night made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob when we stopped, all her requested foods. We put glittery floating candles in glasses of water and surrounded the brownies for her to blow out.

We still had a long drive to go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.416s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb