From bikinis to thermals


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Lake Tahoe
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

So sunday saw us having the last spa in Hawaii...caught the plane at 11pm to go to LA and then join to Reno. Wow...Reno is in Nevada where gambling is legal in the state - the only state in the US!! So we came out of the airport at 8 am (really need to get one of those neck pillows, head bobbing around the entire flight so woke up with semi crusher vertabrae, but all good now!!) and there were pokie machines everywhere...like everywhere...so imagine coming out of the domestic airport in Brisvegas at 8am and there are dudes having a coffee and a few goes at the pokies..AT THE AIRPORT! Iamgine being really tired, waiting to get picked up from your flight and then going "What the hey, let's throw a few quarters into the machine"..Anyhoo, we're staying with Wal's mate Wolfie, He's an Aussie living in Tahoe and a massive ski head, so he and Wal and are skiiing it up big time. I, on the other hand happy to ski but am not dying to get on first lift runs. So another amazing first day in a new place, Wolfie and his girl Megan picked us up from Reno and took us back to Tahoe. We got out on the mountain straight away for an afternoon session on the slopes. After we hit the slopes (I literally hit them, it seems it's taken me a little longer to find my ski legs...oh that's right I've never had any!) After this Wolfies' mate who runs part of a ski resort let us into the resort spa so we then had a few bottles of wine while it snowed around the spa. Had a lesson today which really helped and then more skiing and then another spa...let me tell you it's been tough!
So just a quick note to tell you it's been from spa to spa, only it's cold outside of the spa now!!
Missing ya'll, will write with more news and once the red wine wears off...

much love

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb