Beaches and Legoland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Carlsbad
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

DAY 15
Friday, January 2, 2009
MISSION BEACH and LEGOLAND

Bobafett didn’t find us out with the trash nor did we get ticketed or kicked out at 2am. Thank You, Dear Jesus, for keeping us safe! We took a leisurely morning stroll on the beach and combed for precious shells and rocks. Kai was quite a hunter - 306 pieces of treasure! And everyone loved chasing waves.

We had a family pow-wow and voted to hit Legoland one more time with our free tickets. It was another fun day but chilly and very overcast. J. and Geoff took a cool robotics class and we got a picture on the Dragon roller coaster for Uncle Cliff. We toured a mini lego factory and raced fire engines and put out fires - J. and I came from behind and won the race! Plenty more rides and another 4D show and a cartoon sketch of the boys and we were done! Ready to warm up with some hot chocolate and start a long drive north. Did you know California is almost 800 miles long?? Our trek homeward begins.



DAY 14
Thursday, January 1, 2009
OLD TOWN, San Diego

Change of plans. We had planned to go to the Wild Animal Park and head toward Utah to see friends, but we just couldn’t leave the ocean quite yet. We’ll catch up with you in better weather dear Utah friends! Thanks for understanding.

Old Town was fun and had good food and music. We toured the streets with the Bludaus and ate fresh taffy and fresh turtles - of the chocolate variety.

Part of our day was spent madly searching for propane and I do mean MAD. Finally someone at the 12th gas station we tried was able to sell us some - that was a huge blessing because it was getting later in the day and we were running out of options. And I just learned that the propane runs the fridge and freezer so we were going to have an eating frenzy and then throw lots of food away if we didn’t get some quick!

We ran around the beach some and hid Spirit behind a big dumpster for the night in a parking lot hoping no one would notice us.




DAY 13
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
LEGOLAND

We made it! It was fun to close out 2008 playing with our family and friends here at Legoland!





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

can you hold it?can you hold it?
can you hold it?

we've been in line 1 hour...only 10 minutes to go...can you make it??


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb