Anza Borrego State Park


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Almost FullAlmost FullAlmost Full

Moon before sunset looking east toward Borrego Springs
Today a new adventure. Off to Anza Borrego State Park with a stop at WinCo in Indio to replenish eats as they were reaching a meager point (oatmeal, fruit, and left-over soup and pasta). While Emily shopped, KC and I tried to keep cool in the high 70's low 80's sun. Finally Emily returned, but not empty handed. After loading the refrigerator we were off down a familiar highway CA 86 to a turn-off at an ARCO station in Salton City. About 30 miles later we pulled into the state park and the best camping site our House on Wheels (HoW) had occupied. Full hook-ups on the north edge of the campground meant no neighbors to look at. BTW – high temp for the day was 88.

Anza Borrego State Park surrounds the community of Borrego Springs which is a resort community. There are several golf courses surrounded by houses and the streets are traversed mostly by golf cart. The season is October through May as the summers are hot with average highs in the 103-107 range and often is the hottest location in the US. However, there are no Wal-Marts, malls, or big box stores which provides great nightly
Anza Borrego State ParkAnza Borrego State ParkAnza Borrego State Park

View from camp site
star gazing.

We deployed our awning and camp loungers and enjoyed the warm afternoon setting. Yes we were moving closer and closer to being classified as Snowbirds – retired folks in RV's who migrate south in the winter to relax, tan, and exercise in comfort. Emily had on shorts and a tee shirt. I of course did not change. I got the bike off of Trusty Tundra (TT) and rode to the Visitor Center to find activities for the next 2 days. With maps and brochures, I had plenty of information for new explorations.

We were also heading to a full moon on Wednesday night, however the sky was filled with light and a flashlight was only needed to pick-up KC droppings. Tonight was a double feature on Italy and off to bed, for tomorrow new adventures awaited.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb