View from Nepenthe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
May 17th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.2703, -121.806

Heading south on Hwy 1 to Pfieffer Big Sur

Paul had planned to go to Vacaville but at the last minute changed his mind and so we got up and
headed out from the Outlet. Of course we had to make a stop at the Berkeley Bowl and the place was a madhouse. Forget getting your shopping cart through the produce section. Robert scored at the bargain table with a huge bag of asparagus with some cucumbers in it as well.

The weather was beautiful once again and so the drive down the coast was very nice. The traffic was heavy for the people heading back into San Francisco but for us it was smooth sailing. We stopped in Monterey at our favorite place across from McDonalds and fixed a lunch of several different types of salads we had in the cooler. People were everywhere enjoying the sunshine and the paddleboats on the lake were quite busy.

Made a stop at Trader Joe's in Monterey and then headed down the coast to Pfieffer Big Sur. It was a beautiful day for the drive and we stopped at several of the pullouts for a view and pictures. Got to
Pfieffer Big Sur Park and they said they had room and go and pick out a campsite. We found the site we had camped in last year #104 and it was available. Got ourselves set up and took a short break and then fixed dinner.

Had potsticker soup with asparagus and spinach. Sat and enjoyed the evening listening to music,
watching as the other campers arrived and having a nice glass of wine before calling it an evening.

Enjoying the Big Sur coastline as we look for a signal for T-mobile

Fairly slow day in the campground and pretty much just lazed around until after lunch and decided to
go drive toward Monterey and see if we could get a signal for the new T-mobile network we have gotten because of the overseas abilities. It was a beautiful day and we pulled over several times to check out the scenery. We were never able to get the signal but we did have an enjoyable day. We stopped off at Nepenthe and looked around and enjoyed the view as always.

After dinner did a walk through teh campground and were rewarded with a nice woodpecker shot and the sounds of two owls calling to each other. Had a nice walk and checked out some of the other camping spots.



Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb