Colorful & Dramatic Big Sur...along the californian coastline...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
December 28th 2008
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Part 2 of our road trip around central California! Replace the snow with the sea and keep the colorful and dramatic feel and you got Big Sur!


Hard to resist to the charm & natural beauty of the area ...Pacific Ocean on one side and Santa Lucia Mountains rising on the other...add to this a twisting highway 1 and cone peaks and it makes the sceneries absolutely fantastic!

Spent two days in the area before driving back to San Francisco and in a few words here are the highlights of our trip to Big Sur (pictures always speak best when it comes to sceneries!)
- admiring the sceneries ...ok, not very original but while driving on what has been quoted as the 2nd most scenic road in US, cant help but stopping frequently to fully enjoy it!
- camping along the Big Sur river...nice campfire (love those), the sound of the river & great wine (ehehe...Laetitia one ;-) )
- the smell of the redwood forest as you wake up in the morning
- looking up for groups of condors flying right above...those are big ones!
- sea side rock climbing (ok...slightly scared but made it alive thanks to Stephen advices!)
- observing huge group of elephant seals in their natural environment
- watching magical sunset on a typical pacific ocean beach, from pink to orange...
- admiring the Mc Way creek and its 80 foots waterfall that drops on the ocean beach

Picture time!







Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

By the Big SurBy the Big Sur
By the Big Sur

Great tent cabin...managed to sleep 12 hours so guess I can say it was cozy !!
When the soft pink meets the warm orange/ pink sunset...When the soft pink meets the warm orange/ pink sunset...
When the soft pink meets the warm orange/ pink sunset...

Picture taken by Stephen Hayden, just love it so couldnt help but include it into this blog!


20th January 2009

Wow
What an incredible lead picture!! Love it, love it, love it!!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb