Spa Day at Esalen


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
November 7th 2005
Published: November 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello All,
We had a wonderfully relaxing day at Esalen Institute in the middle of our packing craziness. We have had the good fortune of visiting Esalen Institute on several occasions as guests of friends who work there. If you do not know about Esalen Institute check it out here: Esalen Institute
The highlight at Esalen is the hot springs located in a beautiful bath house perched on a cliff in scenic Big Sur.

We had a soak in the tubs followed by a fantastic lunch of salad, onion fritata, sweet potato and a divine lemonade made with lemons and rose geranium.

After lunch Abby took a nap and I took a pair of scissors to 8 years worth of t-shirts. That is right I have taken all my old t-shirts and cut them intosquares so that we can sew them into a t-shirt quilt.

After the craft project and nap we went back to the tubs for a final soak. A few hours later we were well done and ready to finish off the moving tasks. We drove back to monterey as the sun set.

Check this posting later for some neat pictures.

Benji

Advertisement



11th November 2005

Ahhh
Why am I not surprised that you have already started the next craft project. I love it. And you're so resourceful, too. Hopefully the hot tub momentum will continue while in NZ. And, if the hot tubs don't happen, I hope the AHHHHHHHHHH that comes with the experience does in a variety of other experiences.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb