The Bicycle Casino- Los angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bell Gardens
August 29th 2011
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

My next chase of riches is at the WPT event at the Bicycle Casino in Los Angeles.... well east l.a.... a little suburb of bell gardens postcode 90201... very deceiving. And much like my hometown i recognise that the better sounding the name... the worse the area may be. I call this the Sunshine/Noble Park Rule. and on all first look basis i may be wrong. My hotel is conviently across the road from the Bicycle and i settle in to play a few tournaments and check out "the Bike" as it it affectionatley termed.
The internet informs me that The Bike is the second largest cardroom in the world. im impressed! it was built in the 90s by some whitecollar clown who was laudering drug money... hang on... wikipedia?... that cant be right?... i research more... its correct... and the US goverment seized tha asset and ran it itself for some time. im now really intrigued.
The casino looks like someone has hollwed out an old K mart and adorned it with buddhas, jade and other asian luck trinkets. its a little primitive but i here for pictures of Kings and Queens the rest doesnt really matter...
Now this is where the Bike comes into its own. Food on the No limit tables is complimentary. and there is no boudary to what you can have. The menu features all day breakfasts, sandwiches, chinese, korean, thai, malaysian, mexican and good old fashioned american artery cloggers. it operates 24 hours a day and it brought to your tables. heaven. If only they could fix these damn toilet breaks...
My tournament journey was noty a good one... most of the big tournments had 4 buy in days.... which allowed people to buy in the nextb day if they busted. This is stupid and it breeds stupid play. People are more than happy to throw away a 200BB stack on a flush draw in the third level of play, because they knowm if they miss they can just rebuy in tomorrow. i saw some fair dinkum stupid play and stupid moves... and predictably i saw them first hand. Very frustrated i turned to cash games to bolster the bankroll again and found a very enticing lure... the bad beat jackpot.
Basically the Casino run a progressive jackpot that starts at 15k if your aces full of tens is beaten by a higher hand. (both hole card must play is the fine print... but still ive seen it happen many times) well the jackpot at time of writing is up in the stratosphere of $68,000! Its also distributedly ingeniously 50% to the loser... 25% to the winner and the other 25% slipt between the rest of the table.

This brings in all sorts of retard degenerates to the game who but in for $100 and sit there playing terribly waiting for the jackpot to go off. It probably smarter than playing lotto or the pokies but the devotion these idiots have to it it amazing... They hit the table in anticipation, discuss which dealer is the most likely to churn it out, how they will spend it etc... my favoutite part is when they need a piss and they ask all on the table if they will cut them in if they miss the jackpot whilst attending the call of nature. (rules state only players seated in the hand will get table share of remaining 25%)

This is where the hilarity ensues. Logic usually dictates you cut the person in out of your share (particularly as them missing a hand directly effects the card distribution if the jackpot is hit) but the politics is fantastic... and if a shit stirrer is on the table... well... can you imagine? and can you imagine if is me?
Sometimes a disliked player will stand up for a break and the chatter starts "lets hit the jacjpot while hes away" "im not giving that asshole a thing" they all conspire... like all of sudden the mere mental application of the jackpot hitting was the only thing holding them back..
Of course i choose to say whatever if possible to upset these mental midgets... im sure renal failure will occur as i steadfastly refuse to cut someone in for a jackpot if they leave. they stand there arguing with legs crossed with hand clamping their packagess like a 5 year old. They get dealt there cards fold and run to the rest rooms in hope they get back and see quad 4s beating quad 3s.... its never does
Its a million to one shot!!! and the fact that it hasnt gone off since it started at 15k should tell them they have ample time for wiping if they really need a bathroom break.

So with these hail mary gamblers on the table the cash games are very easy. also as these jackpot junkies buy in for the minium 100. im buy for the max 300 so im always able to push them about. anyway... the most fun i have here is upsetting people. its so much fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb