Summer Trips, What Were We Thinking?


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I couldn't get into this blog for some time, then gave up. Now, responding to a post, I find that the blog is back. Only 3 years later. So I'm back!

And here is my latest blog:

Well, so much for blogging the remainder of our last trip. I suspect that I needed a break from the laptop. Instead of this blog, I started a photo blog which did not require a laptop or writing something intelligible.

We did return from a great trip to Canada and are now in desperate preparations for 5 summer trips. How did we get to this place? We wanted to have some time to breathe. Alas….

So our first trip will be to head back to Northeast Cali, actually just into Nevada, where kids now live. Our oldest grandson is graduating from high school and we must be there. Because it will be boiling hot at home by then, from NE Cali we will head to the high country in Nevada, Great Basin National Park. Campsites are at the 7,000’ elevation. We do not have further plans for a few days but will figure it out as we go.

From Great Basin we will drive to Washington where we will meet up with our youngest son and his family, traveling up to Vancouver and back. We will travel with them as my parents did with us, meeting along the way.

We will be home for a couple of days before heading off to London and then Iceland where we will car camp for 2 weeks.

After Europe, another couple of days at home then, hopefully off to the Grand Canyon with Grandkids. That trip will include the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest.

Home for 1 day then off to the east side of the Sierras where we will backpack in for several days.

From the Sierras, home to wash clothes and repack the RV. Then off to Santa Fe where we will attend an opera at the Santa Fe Opera House. From Santa Fe, we will go where our spirits lead! And we intend to stay gone until the weather is nice at home. Of course, if a storm hits then we will head that direction.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.1kb