Starting our Grandkids Trip to San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bakersfield
January 15th 2012
Published: January 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally, we are on the road! 3 little kids in car seats in the back seat of our truck, 2 adults and 2 big kids in the RV. We gave the 2 big kids Dale’s laptop and Justin brought his, so they will use the hotspot card we have and be online until we lose our signal, an hour or so up I-5. I have a hotspot in my phone so we have that here in the truck for my laptop.

Getting ready was such a chore, had a bunch of laundry to do and kids had made shambles out of the house. I did get bathrooms cleaned, sheets changes and with my grandkids help we cleaned the rest of the house plus washed the kitchen floor to avoid the ants.



As usual, the only way to do these trips within reason is to cook all of our meals, or as many as possible. Tonight, we will stop at In-N-Out as it is a 4-1/2 hour drive, putting us into San Francisco at about 10pm. We will just do instant oatmeal for breakfast then take snacky things with us tomorrow to the Aquarium/Natural History/Planetarium. Hopefully we can take food in but if not we will just get our hands stamped and eat in the park outside. We did bring 6 bottles of wine, wish I’d brought the hard stuff too as some may prefer rum instead.



Kids are asleep, Dale is driving and I’m having some quiet time with a cup of hot coffee!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.597s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb