How to Avoid Weight Gain When Traveling


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Adelanto
January 22nd 2017
Published: January 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

There is nothing wrong with splurging a little bit while on vacation. Problems only arise when you go overboard; people often struggle with weight gain while traveling primarily because they have no self-control.

Weight gain is a serious risk when traveling. It is a little too easy to fall off the wagon and lose yourself in the unhealthy habits that traveling encourages, some helpful tips for those who are determined to give weight gain a wide berth even while traveling including the following:

1). Walking



Use every opportunity you are afforded to walk, especially if you are traveling for pleasure. Avoid public transportation options, especially if you have been eating a little too unhealthily. Walk to your desired tourist hotspots and destinations. You will find it pretty easy to keep the excess weight off.



2). Snacks



Carry snacks wherever you go. People on the move tend to overeat because they wait too long between meals, probably because they are constantly moving from place to place and they cannot be bothered to find a decent eatery from where to extinguish their hunger.

Carrying healthy snacks like fresh fruit and nuts will keep you sated, ensuring that you do not binge on food once you finally sit down for a proper meal at night.



3). Water



Drink plenty of water; even if you cannot keep snacks on you wherever you go, carry a bottle of water and make sure you stay hydrated. This is one tip everyone can execute, especially if they have always struggled with weight problems.



4). Hotel



Take advantage of your hotel’s amenities; most people stay in hotels that have exercise centers whenever they travel; however, these gyms often go unused, with most travelers simply content to spend every moment in their hotel room glued to the television.



You would be doing yourself a favor by using that gym in your hotel at least once a day, especially if the gym is covered under your hotel fee.





Staying fit while traveling isn’t hard; the key is to simply keep healthy foods on hand and to stay active. Online stores like Vitacost offer high quality health supplements that can help you keep a balanced nutrition even when travelling. Here is a fantastic read about Vitacost and their coupon offers. I always have with me some protein bars and oh…my favorite: organic black bean chips with sea salt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb