Some people call it R-Kansas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas
August 8th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Clinton LibraryClinton LibraryClinton Library

Can tell how excited Grace was to be there?
Grace and I took a little trip to Little Rock, AR. The only reason for us going was to check out a Picasso exhibit that was going on at the Arkansas Art Centre. The exhibit was extensive. It had a lot stuff that is rarely seen like his sketches and pottery. It really showed the man as more than just a painter.
We were both suprised that Little Rock was actually a fairly nice town. The downtown had a neat shopping area called the River Market and the Clinton Library was interesting to walk thru (or at least I thought so, Grace didn't care for it too much). The food highlight of trip was the Whole Hog Cafe. The meat was great, but what set this place apart was the sauce. They had 6 to choose from and you couldn't go wrong with any of them (though Grace and I both agree that sauce #6 stole the show) Fantastic!
On the way back home we were able to spend a little time exploring Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas (we skipped the headquarters for Walmart, not really our thing). A very nice college town. Every new building seemed to be named after a Walton though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb