Day 31: Museum


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Rogers
May 13th 2012
Published: May 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Contemporary ArtContemporary ArtContemporary Art

Reflection of Madhu on one of the contemporary art pieces..was like a huge red gem. - (This is not a reflection. M is walking towards this glass from the other side - R)
Left at 10am in Uma and Maanoj's car for the Museum called Crystal Bridges. (http://crystalbridges.org/) This is a free Museum, owned and funded by Walmart. The art pieces in the Museum are the private collections of Sam Walton's wife and daughter. They have colonial art collections and also contemporary pieces. The Museum Halls and Restaurant are all sitting on a natural creek, beautifully designed and well maintained. They also maintain beautiful trails called Orchard Trails for nature lovers. This place was suggested by Maanoj. Many people travel from distant places to come here. Uma was seeing this for the first time although she is living so close to this place.

We spent an hour in the Museum, half hour on the trail, had lunch. After a few rounds of 56 at home left Uma's place at 2.45pm. Reached Dallas at 7.45pm. Talked about many things from parenting to raising pets etc. in the car. Madhu dropped us at V's apt. and went home. She drove the car entirely both ways. After dinner i watched T.V for a while and slept. R played online 56 till 12.30 and V played Halo online with Prarthu and AJ and then with Maanoj.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Fish TankFish Tank
Fish Tank

First work in the morning
Orchard ParkOrchard Park
Orchard Park

Had to wait here till the Museum opened.
Orchard ParkOrchard Park
Orchard Park

Madhu and Uma sitting and chatting while Viswam and Maanoj chatted walking around.
Orchard ParkOrchard Park
Orchard Park

This park is next to the Art Museum and we had to wait here for a while until they opened the Museum.
Time to goTime to go
Time to go

Museum allows people to park inside only at 10.30am.
Entering MuseumEntering Museum
Entering Museum

You can see me and Uma.
Waiting againWaiting again
Waiting again

Although we could enter the Museum we had to wait again in the restaurant since Museum opens only at 11am.
Oil on canvasOil on canvas
Oil on canvas

Looks realistic doesn't it. All the paintings in the Museum are the private collections of Sam Walton's wife and daughter. The Museum itself is owned by Walmart people.
The MuseumThe Museum
The Museum

You can see that the museum buildings are built on and on the banks of a creek. Very well designed by a man from Israel called Moshe.
LiftLift
Lift

Huge lift to accomodate huge art pieces.
Photo FramePhoto Frame
Photo Frame

Photo Frames were set up in many places...ideal spots to take photos. R took this photo of Maanoj and Viswam.
Photo FramePhoto Frame
Photo Frame

V took this photo and has done a better job.
TrailTrail
Trail

Walking the Orchard Trail.
TrailTrail
Trail

M and the Trail.
Trail at the Museum groundsTrail at the Museum grounds
Trail at the Museum grounds

Lovely trails. Madhu and Uma did not come.
Trail at the Museum groundsTrail at the Museum grounds
Trail at the Museum grounds

The Orchard Trail was beautiful, but we did not have much time.
Eleven- RestaurantEleven- Restaurant
Eleven- Restaurant

Eating veg. wraps for lunch at the museum restaurant called Eleven.
LunchLunch
Lunch

Lunch at Eleven.
Beef BurgerBeef Burger
Beef Burger

Maanoj and Viswam had this.
SculptureSculpture
Sculpture

Can you make out the alphabets on this piece of modern art work?
Bye to UmaBye to Uma
Bye to Uma

With Maanoj, Uma and her pet dog Lucky before leaving their house.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb