Another day on the road


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sam's sky shotSam's sky shotSam's sky shot

Sam captured the sky nicely
Sam and I got up early and headed over the Buckstaff Bath House. There, we each got a traditional bath package including a mineral bath, steam and massage. It was a unique experience for each of us - we both came out "glowing" in the words of the guys. It was a nice relaxing way to start of the day before our next long drive.

We had decided to extend the drive on this day to almost 500 miles to get us all the way to Austin. Gabe has a client there who, in exchange for a bit of work, agreed to let us stay in their guest house. While we were on the road, we saw a lot of thunderstorms and rain in the distance. The sky made for great entertainment for the drive. I didn't take any pictures all day!

We arrived at the guest house about 7:00 and, after checking in and starting laundry, we headed out for dinner. We went to a great fish place near where we were staying. We also swung by a grocery store and picked up breakfast supplied. While I took an extra long shower and read my book, Gabe and kids watched an Eddie Izzard show and we all went off to bed! It was nice to have 2 bathrooms for a change!

What does the "FM" stand for on Texas road signs? FM stands for "Farm to Market Road" and indicates a road that is part of the state's system of secondary and connecting routes, built and maintained by the Texas DOT.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb