Thank God For Trout Haven!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Heber Springs
October 13th 2014
Published: October 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Once again, the forecast for Monday was for even worse weather, thunderstorms and showers all day. We awoke and found that the forecast was sure accurate this time. We all kind of figured we would be spending the whole day inside. When the thunderstorms starting rumbling through the valley, it looked like the lightning was even with our level. The original plan to come here was to have this great base camp cabin to stay in and spend 3 days riding around this gorgeous country, checking out all the local sites. But that was not to be thanks to our bad luck continuing with the weather.

We settled in for a full day of BS'ing. There was a playoff baseball game on this evening and we watched that while eating our frozen pizzas. Ray took charge of cooking our dinner. He is a master chef of frozen foods! The cabin has satellite TV and a great wifi internet connection, so it helped our long day indoors.



We coaxed the old Boy Scout Leader, Jim, into starting a fire in the huge fireplace. That made our evening in the cabin nice and cozy. It finally stopped raining late in the afternoon and we all went out on the deck to enjoy the somewhat improved views. The sun wasn't shining, but at least it wasn't raining. We all agreed that if we couldn't do more riding around the Ozarks, we had a blast at the cabin. We managed to polish off the liquor supply and ate most of the food we had bought at the store when we arrived. It was really great to meet Don and spend this time with my brother.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Taking In The View Taking In The View
Taking In The View

Love Ray's Mosquito Inn tee shirt.
Naked Lady!Naked Lady!
Naked Lady!

Don, you told me there was a naked woman down in that cabin on the river.
Don Cracking Ray Up Again.Don Cracking Ray Up Again.
Don Cracking Ray Up Again.

The stories got wilder with every drink!


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb