Ensconced in Ehrenburg


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
December 8th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at River Breeze RV Resort Sunday afternoon, December 6. The drive from Needles, CA was along a picturesque, roller coaster, desert view road with vistas of rugged, rocky mountains to the west and east.

As soon as we crossed the Colorado River from Blythe, CA, we gained an hour because of the time change. Since I failed to change my wrist watch for day light savings time, my time piece was accurate once again.

Locating our designated spot, we set up Uncle Joe where we will spend the next month. We were pleased that River Breeze compares favorably to other campgrounds we have stayed at. The forty foot wide sites provide room to stretch. There are no train tracks within hearing distance. Hip, hip.

After getting all of the hookups connected, the next official order of business was to set up and raise the new toddy flag that someone secured for the trip. A salute for Shaddy’s birthday. Nan and I toasted him on his special day; eleven years of joy.

This morning, we awoke to the sound of rain. We slept in and enjoyed the cadence of rain drops on the bedroom slideout. Later, we officially registered at the office and became official residents of the rv resort. There is a heated swimming pool and hot pool, along with a large group kitchen and dinning area. I saw a pool table in a game room.

We will be able to watch the holiday football games on cable. We have to pay for a 24 hour pass to get a wifi connection. Our budget will mean that we can log on every other day. Depending on when we log on, we cover almost two days. For example, I’ll log on after 7 p.m. today to upload this posting, and I’ll have access for 24 hours.

It is raining again as I draft this post. Continued rain is predicted for a couple of days. By comparison, there is a blizzard of snow in north Arizona along what they call the upper bench. Looking back at the weather back home, there was a 24 hour period when it did not get above freezing. Talk about a timely departure from Oz!

It looks like we stayed ahead of some really miserable weather by a two day buffer during our trip south.

Today, we drive west to Blythe to do some shopping. We purchased an extension for our sewer hose and propane bottles for the grill at Ace Hardware. Food was purchased at Albertson’s, after acquiring a membership card. Lunch was at Popeye’s! Yes, there is a Santa!

Wow, just as I was getting ready to send this, we had a heavy wind storm come through with ice pellets. It even shook Uncle Joe a bit. The electricity went off, but our battery system took over.

Click on the following link to see where we are at River Breeze RV Resort:

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=33.60775,-114.52324&ll=33.60775,-114.52324&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1River Breeze RV Resort

Stay tuned,

Paddy











Advertisement



8th December 2009

Toddy Flag
Love the flag you 3 were lucky to get out of Wa without the cold weather real cold up here and will keep being cold the river is even frozen....but not my Merlot
8th December 2009

More than a River Breeze
Hi you three...happy birthday to Shadow...Sounds like you've found a great place to spend a few weeks. The sun is out here and blue skies...cold and very beautiful out. Our tree is decorated and there are pretty displays around the neighborhood. Have a great time in the sunny (well, most of the time) South. We enjoy your updates and location maps. Enjoy the toddies. Do you think the flag may signal to the neighbors what great margaritas you make? I foresee a gathering in the community kitchen...
8th December 2009

Your trip
I have been keeping up with your travels and glad everything went ok. Ariz. sounds good to me after we got up to 8-10 inches of snow this morning and it is still snowing. However, I must say it is beautiful outside. I am hoping this comment will go through. Take care. Livvie
8th December 2009

Frigid!
Good to hear from you. Yes, you left just in time. It was a toasty 7 degrees last night...more of the same in the next 24 hours. Wonder if we will escape this cold front without white flakes! Your house is OK...no frozen pipes, etc. Stay in touch and enjoy the warm weather.
9th December 2009

Ahead of the storm
Hey Pat, Glad you were able to stay ahead of the storm. We got a lot of snow and cold but the worst was south of us. We are now in the deep freeze. 9 degrees last night and 16 for the high today. At my house in Green River it was -27 this morning. I will be back up there next week so I hope it moderates a bit before I get there. Hope you are loving the gypsy life. Jimbo

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb