An Early Start


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Yuma
November 27th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Betty's CornerBetty's CornerBetty's Corner

A lot more interesting than living at the corner of 6th and Main.
Although our plane didn't leave until 7AM, Dave was still up at 3:12 so decided to give us a call to say he was picking us up early to take us to the airport......very early on Sunday Nov 25th. The drive from Palm Springs to Yuma was long, very long, much longer than it should have been since we had no idea how to get there. Six hours after landing in Palm Springs, one iced coffee, and one Red Bull later we finally drove into Yuma in the dark. Did I forget to mention that we also had to change planes in Phoenix on the Sunday after US Thanksgiving. I didn't know that airports that are major hubs in the US have parking lots for planes where you sit on the tarmac until your gate becomes available. Word of advice.....don't ever travel in the US during Thanksgiving weekend.

Although we officially don't start our real vacation until Nov 30th we are spending 4 days in Yuma with Mike's mother who lives in the Country Roads Retirement Trailer Park. So far we have had a few laughs at the people who roller blade and power walk all around the complex, proudly
Golf CartGolf CartGolf Cart

Fancy mode of transportation
strutting their stuff with ID badges hanging around their necks bouncing off stuck our chests and sagging breasts. The toy to own here is a golf cart....although there is no golf course. It seems as if every second trailer has one (there are 1,600 units in total), some have his 'n hers with personalized plates, at least half sport the American flag, and others are decked out with Christmas decorations. The streets all have fun loving carefree names, I'm happy to report that Betty lives at the intersection of Something Special Ave and Doing it Our Way Lane.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb