Williams Arizona and Grand Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Williams
April 14th 2016
Published: May 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Left Las Vegas for a short drive to Williams, Arizona (40 miles before Flagstaff) for a three day stay that ended up being a week. Had truck problems again like the ones that were repaired in Las Vegas. Flagstaff Ford could not get me in until the following Wednesday so we spent lots of down days here. During this time we looked out of the trailer one evening and had 2 inches of snow.

This was an interesting town as it was on Route 66 so had lots of business reflecting that including a Diner 66 which we had dinner at one night. We stayed at the Grand Canyon Railroad RV park which was a nice park, except for the train whistles in the early morning. The train goes from there up to the Grand Canyon and they seemed to have a lot of business. The park was full most days and the large motel was also full. They put on a small Western show each morning before the train people boarded and then the same actors would stage a train robbery during the trip to the canyon.

We decided to drive to the canyon once the truck was fixed to test it out before hitting the road again. The Canyon was the same as before except just more people and improved access to some of the view points with a free shuttle bus to transfer from one place to another.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb