Grand Canyon/Williams


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Williams
July 31st 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Bloke singing in Cruiser66 42 secs
Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

At Desert view watch tower
Left Scottsdale at 7am, decided to have a bit of a competition to see who could get a truck driver to pull his horn at us first, we had to mimic him pulling his horn - we only got one, and it was my mum who got it.... flously!! We drove directly to our hotel in Williams, we arrived just after 10, but was unable to get into our room.

So drove on to the Grand Canyon, we drove straight through to the desert view watch tower, Nige & Joe went up to the top, myself and my mum stopped at the first level. As we started to go back down my mum said there was no way she could manage it as there was no rail to hold onto to. This man that was coming up literally took her hand, helped her down a couple of steps then passed her hand to the next guy who then done the same until 5 guys helped her get down, it was quite amusing!

We drove along to some more veiw points - Navajo, Lipan & then the Grandview Point, as we left here I noticed some huge birds in the
Nige and JoeNige and JoeNige and Joe

At level one of tower
trees and happened to mention it to everyone else, as myself and Joe were looking we didn't actually notice my mum choking, Luckily Nige did, he stopped the car quickly, Joe patted her back (Hope you're not eating) She threw up and then Nige helped her out the car for some water and a clean up! Perhaps it wasn't such a grandview point afterall!! As soon as she was ok we continued to the Grand Canyon village, had a quick walk round then left to come back to our hotel. On the way back we passed Bedrock so popped in again for 20 mins, then eventually arrived back in Williams at half four.

We went out for a drink to Williams main town area, and ended up in a bar we drank in last year called Cruiser66. Its definitely one of my favourite bars in America!! It had a live singer and really good atmosphere, as did the town generally. Me & Joe had a stroll round some of the shops, then finished our drinks back at the bar and came back to the hotel restaurant - Doc Hollidays for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Me & JoeMe & Joe
Me & Joe

Level one of watch tower
JoeJoe
Joe

At Lipan point, its literally a sheer drop down right behind him.
Grandview PointGrandview Point
Grandview Point

Nige and Joe after trekking a little way down
BedrockBedrock
Bedrock

Nige & Dino
Williams Main TownWilliams Main Town
Williams Main Town

Tall bloke and mum
BBQ at Cruiser66BBQ at Cruiser66
BBQ at Cruiser66

Cooked right in front of you
Doc HoliidaysDoc Holiidays
Doc Holiidays

Back at the hotel


31st July 2008

Ah that bring's back memory's!!! I mean Grand Canyon not Carole being sick by the way! Hope you're ok now Carole!!! xxx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb