udall trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
August 6th 2006
Published: August 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I flew into tucson arizona on tuesday, a nice trip except the fact i sat in the very last row of my two log legs of the flight. and the 7 hour layover in chicago. slept on the floor of the airport with all these people walking over me. i was laughing at myself. i decided something along the way. jet travel goes faster than the soul. thats what jet-lag is. the soul is tugging on the body, the body is all confused for that reason. looking at people in planes is funny because they all look like they are still tethered to the earth for the first couple of hours and then start to look more and more like corpses. its in that half-corpse state though that you can really relax, listen to some jazz on your own personal headset, and image the plane going as fast as it is (i think we all hear how fast the plane is going but dont actually internalize it. i mean jet plans go fast!) so it takes 6 days for the soul to travel the atlantic ocean i think. mine is still swimming its heart out and ive been trying to tell it to turn around and go back to tanzania because i will be on my way back tomorrow. but i am sure only 1 or 2 of you are interested in these sorts of ideas i have. tucson has these mountains that look more like playdough creations, i cant believe the earth made these things. they are so funky, jutting up every which way and they have all these huge cacti on them that look like telephone poles. its alot greener here in the desert than i thought it would be because of all the cacti...amaing testments to evolution. all the spikes and expanding and contracting depending on the rain cycles, they are really smart plants and because of that and how sturdy they are they dont seem like plants even. more like sea creatures. some of these really look like coral, giant oysters, or kelp.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb