Monday July 2 nd


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
July 3rd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello All

We spent last night in a campground in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The sunset and sunrise photos are from our location atop a hill overlooking the city. As you might expect, it is hotter than hot here and expected to get even hotter over the next few days. Still, it is better than the snow we experience back home. The majority of the photos were shot (thank you Eileen) from the window of the RV. I think they are wonderful as they capture the essence of the landscape. Speaking of which, the ride from SanAntonio to ElPaso was desolate enough, but from Las Cruces to Tuscon, the landscape, though possessing its own unique qualities, is at best barren and desolate. And, driving through it for several hours, only serves to make it increasingly so. But it is to be experienced nontheless.

Our destination today was Tucson, Arizona to visit with Eileen's uncle Bob, a Ret Army Colonel, and our dear friend Trudy Busch. Bob is a man I have deeply loved and respected from the first time I met forty years ago. Trudy and Bob took us to their favorite steakhouse, the Silver Saddle. We stayed in place at our table for several hours, and simply talked and reminisced, eventually closing the establishment. We hate to say goodbye and already miss them desperately.

Tomorrow we are off to California. Eileen would like to see Graumin's Chinese Theater and the HOLLYWOOD sign. We will drive up the 17 Mile Drive and into San Fransico for a couple of days. All is well and experiences a trip of a lifetime.

Thank you for all of your kind words. Dan and Eileen


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



3rd July 2012
045

Hi
I am enjoying reading about your adventures and your photos! Eileen looks cute in her cowgirl hat! "on the road again". Take it Dan,,,, peace..sandy
6th July 2012
045

My hat
Thanks Sandy,glad you like my hat. It was the one souvenir I wanted
3rd July 2012

out west
Isn't the southwest beautiful? We wouldn't want to live there, but love to visit. Clay, you need to clean Eileen's windows if you're going to make her take pictures through them at high speed. I always gripe at Kerry about the same thing and I hate taking pictures from a moving vehicle. But if you're trying to make distance, you have no choice. We are enjoying following your travels. Have fun.
3rd July 2012

Enjoying your journey....
Hello Eileen and Dan! I'm sharing your blog with the office, and we are so much enjoying your journey with you! What a wonderful experience and so many memories you'll always treasure. Enjoy each other..have safe travels...and give those pups a kiss. Yes; I'm already missing you Eileen, but I'm plugging along with no problems. Well...few. :) Thank you so much for the card as well. Drew and I really appreciated it. Happy 4th!

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb