And now in Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
March 3rd 2005
Published: March 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Home in ArizonaHome in ArizonaHome in Arizona

Here we are, among thousands of others, where it is warm and where the cactus are coming into bloom
It all fit in the car, again, and we were off to visit friends in Midland, TX. on the 28th. We had a lovely visit and a great meal in one of Midland's finest, and then we went back onto the prairies of Texas and New Mexico. We spent a night in El Paso, which Joanie prefered to where we had been, and then leisurely finished the trip on the second. I guess that it is good to take that trip occasionally, to reassure one that we are not running out of land. (Or trucks). Traveling across it surely gives the passenger time to read the paper and do his crossword puzzles. Keeping the driver awake can be a problem.

This area is typical of Arizona. Lots of sand, cactus, space, and nice and warm weather. In the next week we are to have a day when the sun does not shine all day, but besides that, the high 60's and low 70's are in order and those make bikers smile, so we are happy. And we are also happy with the activities that are close by. We will not be traveling to Tuscon regularly. There are a bunch of the things that Joanie and I enjoy, like live performances. But there don't seem to be many restaurants and we can't figure out where events are held, so we will be contacting some friends of Mary and Erwin Illson, who live not far from us, for what help they can give. But there are a bunch of retired people and many are friendly, which we are also happy about. It seems that we are just happy. We don't have many pictures yet, so we will wait for the next mailing to include them.

We hope all of you are well and enjoying yourselves.

Jim and Joan



Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb