By the time I get to Pheonix....or American food odyssey part 1.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Scottsdale
April 27th 2015
Published: April 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We moved on from California to Arizona so that we could take in an Arizona Diamondbacks game in Pheonix. We stayed out at Scottsdale, which is a satellite town to Pheonix. We were so happy to find a clean modern hotel in the 3 palms at Scottsdale, great room and wonderful sleep. We visited Old Town Scottsdale, is set out like an old western town. I am not sure which buildings (except the old Mission church) are authentic, and which are reproductions but the town has a nice feel to it.

We also went into Pheonix to watch a Diamondback game at Chase Stadium, had a great night but the Hot Dog score was only 4. But I did find a new food phenominum called "The Churro Hotdog" whic was amazing, but really needs to be shared with a couple of friends.

From there we drove through to Aspen via Monument Valley and the Needles in Canyonland Park Utah

One thing that Arizona and Utah have are wide open spaces and amazing Rock Formations. Our first experience was with Monument Valley, which held the backgrounds you have seen in many of john Wayne's Westerns and was beautiful. Our friend Charley advised us that we should have a look at the needles in Canyonland Park, so off we went, and were again amazed by the rock formations that were presented to us.

Next blog will be a food blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb