Tp the Desert


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Scottsdale
March 9th 2023
Published: March 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Time for warmer and dryer climate, at least for a few days.
Having been to Scottsdale, and the state of Arizona so many times, it has become more difficult coming up with a new angle for an email about our trip. So, here is some extraneous information that you may or may not care about:



1. The average temperature in March is 76. Most days are clear and sunny. Perfect for baseball or golf. It rapidly jumps up to 85 in April.



2. There is a cactus league (Spring Training) game held every day in March, somewhere in the Valley of the Sun.



3. It is just a few hours drive from either Sedona or Scottsdale to see the magnificent, Grand Canyon.



4. The Sonoran Desert, one of the lushest in the world, is blooming with cactus and wildflowers.



5. It is prime season for food and drink related festivals.



6. The cooler but sunny spring days are perfect for exploring the Sonoran desert, whether on two wheels or your own feet. Or grab a kayak or paddle board. Head up one of the area's many canyons.



7. Have dinner under the stars. I usually head over to Los Sombreros in Scottsdale and their comfortable patio. Their chile relleno, lamb shank, and roast chicken are the best choices.



8. The golf courses are in perfect condition. This was a normal, daily activity when I visited with my kids in the 80s. I love the TPC Scottsdale course, home of the wild and raucous Waste Management Open.



9. No April showers, less than an inch all spring. Just wear a cap and sunscreen!



10. This trip will be a bit different. I will tell you more about it in a separate email.



Aside from Los Sombreros, I also love the Chicago beef at Portillo's in Scottsdale. For breakfast, I enjoy Matt's Big Breakfast, and First Watch, Scottsdale. I will probably have lunch at the ballpark on Saturday and Sunday at Scottsdale Stadium. And I may go to the Carrie Underwood concert on Saturday night, and the World Baseball Classic on Sunday, if I can get a ticket.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb