Day 13 Flagstaff Junior academy & bike heaven


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
June 10th 2015
Published: June 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Distance driven today: 195 miles / 314 km

Cumulative distance driven: 3,890 miles / 6,260 km

Today’s trip: Flagstaff, Arizona, to Phoenix Arizona

Schools with donated Kindle e-readers visited: 1

Motorcycle service stops: 1


The morning was spent with Tom Drumm, principal of the Flagstaff Junior Academy charter school. Just like the other schools I have stopped at along this trip, the principal and I spent a few hours walking through the technical and educational implementation of the Kindle e-readers we have donated to the school. Tom also brought one of the school IT admins into the conversation, which was really great.

As always, there was some confusion around how user accounts and devices are actually related, and how to best manage the relationship between them. It took me a while to explain the concept of having more user accounts than devices, and how the school could create a student Kindle account for each and one of the students, and have them sign in and out of a device.

Around noon I headed for Phoenix, and during the 2,5 hour ride south from Flagstaff, the temperature increased with over 30F / 15C!! Once I got to the desert around Phoenix it got *really* hot. I have been riding now for almost 2 weeks, and the motorcycle was now ready for a service stop and overhaul. I had made a service appointment, a few days ago, with a BMW authorized dealer in Phoenix, and so the afternoon was spent in the waiting room of the Victory BMW dealership, while the mechanics were providing my bike with all kinds of motorcycle candy. After valve adjustment, new engine oil, and a factory recall of a few key parts of the rear drive train, the bike is now ready for another 6,000 miles. If all goes well, next service stop should be in Lima, Peru.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb