Phoenix, Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
February 27th 2010
Published: April 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

get me back to mexico ASAP!get me back to mexico ASAP!get me back to mexico ASAP!

the worst burrito i have ever had. we were starving when we landed in the LA airport. we had a 4 hour layover so we found the first mexican fast food we could find. i ordered a burrito and immediately regretted it. who puts celery, peas and green beans in a burrito? i should have remembered the last time i had a burrito in an airport. denver, colorado- 2005, i couldn't eat another burrito for at least 4 months after that, i was scarred.
Leaving Mexico for Phoenix was not an equal exchange, but it had to be done. We knew our trip would eventually come to an end. We couldn't have prepared for it so Emily chose to stay in denial and I think she still is. It wasn't exactly thrilling to be back in the US but there was some stuff I did miss, like Session beer. Which I found my first day back to the states. We met my parents in Phoenix, where they vacation for the winter and then decided to ride back with them to Ohio and have a road trip through the west, since we didn't have enough money left to do our original idea of taking a road trip throughout the states. So here is Phoenix, AZ. We're back. but not ready to be.....

**Tages forgot to mention that we did miss our families and our friends, as well. and cowboy who we have not been reunited with yet. and our DS's and the Wii. but i can't think of much else.....Mexico really has it all.**


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

welcome to phoenixwelcome to phoenix
welcome to phoenix

similar scenery to mexico but add republicans and planned communities...we'll take mexico anyday.
the tovarsthe tovars
the tovars

tages and her parents (luis and esther) on their property in cave creek, az
tages and i in carefree, aztages and i in carefree, az
tages and i in carefree, az

reminded me a little of celebration, florida...creepy and controlled, they even had a street called easy street...hmmm
a taste of mexico in phoenixa taste of mexico in phoenix
a taste of mexico in phoenix

tages's parents took us to their favorite mexican grocery/panaderia/neveria called Pro's Ranch Market and they had some of the products we were used to in mexico.
tages trying session black for the first timetages trying session black for the first time
tages trying session black for the first time

she had been waiting for this moment for awhile...the verdict: she loves it!
soccer mom usasoccer mom usa
soccer mom usa

if i ever start looking like this...please let me know.


Tot: 0.371s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb