Trials and Tribulations


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Shay here, sitting in a KOA campground in Holbrook, AZ. This place has the works! Free wi-fi, showers, a pool. We are in heaven. And no bugs! It's hot, but that's to be expected in a desert, I guess. The big to-do today was that Kate woke up this morning covered in a poison ivy rash. Poor thing. So she spent the day trying not to scratch and rinsing herself off with special soap every chance she got, while I searched for a pharmacy for more itch stuff and then spent the afternoon at a laundromat washing all our clothes and sleeping bags. She did get to relax in the pool for awhile, which cooled her off and helped with the itching. The rash seems to be clearing up and she's doing much better tonight. And as of yet, I have not broken out (may God have mercy, knock on wood). We have both decided that we are not desert folks - glad we spent some time here in the southwest, but ready to move on to more habitable climates. That's the news. Tomorrow we go exploring/hiking in Painted Desert/Petrified Forest National Park. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have any more mis-haps. With Kate's luck she'll step on a rattlesnake or something.

Advertisement



18th June 2006

feeling much better
Whatever it is that I'm afflicted with, it is now mostly gone. Strange stuff. It goes as fast as it shows up. I must've tracked something into the tent from my sandals or something when we were at Petit Jean.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb