Last day in AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Peoria
January 26th 2023
Published: January 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our final day in AZ. We promised ourselves to say “NO” to the sales pitch, but we did agree to sitting in on the Bluegreen update so at 9 am we did. And gained a $75 mastercard. And learned some things. The man was very nice, and kept saying, the only thing we could improve on was to buy the “Travelers plus,” for just $59/year, but only available to purchase if we bought more points. “only $2.60/point” for minimum of 4000 points, but we held our ground. It sounded only like gaining a travelers agent, which we don’t need.

We were in Gilbert at the Riparian preserve by lunch time, eating only a ton of clementines, to try to get rid of the bag we bought last week! We must have walked around for 4 hours, and it was MUCH larger than we had realized from our visit with the Guynns way back in hot hot hot August. It was amazing, with 7 ponds plus wetlands. We racked up over 35 species, and one photo submitted to Merlin says the sandpiper is a Baird’s, every time and every angle. So who are we to argue? (What do you think, Yvonne? We won’t claim it yet.) Regardless, it was a fitting way to end our birding in AZ. And we did definitely gain a new bird – a Western Grebe! The bevy of white pelicans was amazing; and the presence of one lone brown pelican quite funny. We’ve also never seen that many avocets in one place.

We decided to not eat out, so picked up lovely sushi from Fry’s. What, no more soup?!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb