Day 17 & 18 - Lake Powell


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Page
September 22nd 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just a day for fun in the sun. We donned our swimsuits, rented a speed boat, packed a lunch and took off to cruise Lake Powell! What a great time! Pulled up to a small beach and had our lunch, then everyone water skied or at least tried to. We spent the rest of the afternoon gawking at the surroundings and wishing we had more time here. After a well needed shower, got on the cycle (Greg M. notice we really do ride the cycle.) and went to Page, the nearest town, loaded up on groceries and hit the road to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.On the way there, we saw some of the reddest rock formations on Rt 59 and 89. Even got out on a very dark highway to look at the night sky. It is amazing how many stars you can see in the middle of nowhere! The only photo we could get was of the Big Dipper though. The milky way was lovely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



28th September 2011

Ahhhh, my Arizona!!!
Now you are in my old stomping grounds. I love that place with all my heart. And that's where I left my heart. The red rocks of Rt. 89 are the Vermillion Cliffs. Such a gorgeous sight. Please enjoy a few days for me out there. Catch you lter, friends.
28th September 2011

Arizona
Jim, Glad you are enjoying our trip with us. Have been without internet for days now. Just stopped in Branson today and will be posting more tonight.

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb