The Marriott Courtyard


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Page
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were back on the road and put in a good day's drive through Northern Arizona (this may qualify as the most beautiful state). I had to move to back of the RV and take pretty deep breaths as Mark drove through what he called steep and unrelating mountainous desert roads. Page Arizona (near Lake Powell) is a town that seems to pop up out of nowhere. It's the last Arizona stop before Utah and about 2 hours from our next destination -- Bryce Canyon. We stopped for a great Mexican Lupper (as Elliot named our occassional combination of lunch and dinner) here and to give Millie a break. Just when we were feeling hopeful that the problems were behind us, Millie had some trouble which might be the alternator. She's running but cutting out so we decided to forego the campground and pulled into the Marriot. The kids spent the last three hours in the pool and then watching Animal Planet on tv. I'm a bit excited to have a shower in our own room without having to walk to the campground shower. The RV has a small shower but it is better to use the campground shower, when available (even though it feels a bit like college). Not sure if we'll get the kids to sleep tonight. Mark and I are going to sit on the porch/balcony and have much needed drink while ignoring them. Did I mention that we miss Sedona?

Advertisement



28th June 2007

WOW
Hello, Royce's. It sounds like you are having fun in spite of Millie Moneypit. We have decided we will nickname you "The Griswalds". As we finish up our trip we will be thinking of you and keeping our fingers crossed. Can't wait to see you and hear the full story of your trip. Keep smilin'! Oh, yeah, Elliot, We LIKE PIE, TOO!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb