White knuckle rides and Canyons!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Monument Valley


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Monument Valley/Moki Dugway 106 secs
2: Glen Canyon 67 secs
Bluff Fort...Bluff Fort...Bluff Fort...

This was totally unexpected....



"Must tell you all about our last couple of days traveling."

Staying in a place called "Bluff".
It has an amazing fort with Joseph Bartons cabin, built in 1880. - Took some neat photos.

From there, we went to the "Four Points Monument", this is the only place in the USA where four States meet.
Namely, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona.

We were able to stand in four States at the same time - How cool is that?


Our next stop was "Monument Valley", with some of the most amazing rock features ever..
You just keep expecting to see "Injuns" peering down at you!

(Hope it hasn't spoilt us for the trip to the Grand Canyon).


The "Moki Dugway" was the scariest journey ever for Skim.
(Never to be repeated by her - The video just doesn't do it justice)
It's the roller coaster ride of Southern Utah.
This dirt road, with it's switchback turns and twists, whilst rising over a thousand feet in 3 miles.


Then it was "Natural Bridges". Saw some of the coolest bridges.


And then on through "Glen Canyon" which was
A nice bit of shade.A nice bit of shade.A nice bit of shade.

But I couldn't live here.
another white knuckle ride through the canyon, that seems to want to bury you under a loads of rock.

They do have the most amazing views ever.
One being the "Hite Overlook".

(Didn't think we were that much into rocks when we started out)


I can highly recommend Glen Canyon, it's well worth a look...




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Wagons ho!Wagons ho!
Wagons ho!

Let's move em out...
The Four Corners Monument..The Four Corners Monument..
The Four Corners Monument..

Is located west of US Highway 160, 40 miles southwest of Cortez, Colorado. The area surrounding the monument is Indian land which includes part of New Mexico..
The only place in the United States where four states come together at one place.The only place in the United States where four states come together at one place.
The only place in the United States where four states come together at one place.

A small permanent marker was erected in 1912 where the boundaries of the four states intersected. The Monument was refurbished in 1992 with a bronze disk embedded in granite.
Here a person can put each of their hands and feet in four states at the same time. Here a person can put each of their hands and feet in four states at the same time.
Here a person can put each of their hands and feet in four states at the same time.

The unique landmark is on Navajo Nation land and is open for visits from the public.
Four Corners...Four Corners...
Four Corners...

Each of the state boundaries radiate from the disk and each state's seal rests within that state's boundary.
Evidence...Evidence...
Evidence...

Of our brief vist to New Mexico...
You just gotta love the sign...You just gotta love the sign...
You just gotta love the sign...

Colorado is definately colourful..
Mexican hat...Mexican hat...
Mexican hat...

How does it stay balanced there?
Monument Valley..Monument Valley..
Monument Valley..

The area lies entirely within the Navajo Indian Reservation on the Utah/Arizona border...
Monument Valley ...Monument Valley ...
Monument Valley ...

Provides perhaps the most enduring and definitive images of the American West.
The view at the top of "Moki Dugway".The view at the top of "Moki Dugway".
The view at the top of "Moki Dugway".

This was a white knuckle drive... Up a cliff face, on 3 miles of gravel road....
A nightmare journey!!!A nightmare journey!!!
A nightmare journey!!!

A roller coaster has nothing to match this! I'm so glad I survived......
Sipapu Bridge...Sipapu Bridge...
Sipapu Bridge...

Looks good but it's a long way down....
Are you sure you don't want to come down here?Are you sure you don't want to come down here?
Are you sure you don't want to come down here?

"Not on your nelly, you know I don't like heights".


19th July 2008

Hi guys. Las Vegas looks absolutely fabulous my cousins tied the knot there on the 4/5th July this year. i can see why they chose the place. Count down just over 2 weeks then your home for good eh!!! xxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb