Weekend Change of Plans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Kingman
April 10th 2016
Published: April 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

April 8:

Started to rain during the night. Yesterday’s clouds were tell tale to the much needed rain. We covered a few things with a tarp in the utility shelter, and then went to town for breakfast. The Wishing Well was closed temporarily for whatever reason so we went again to Canyon Café. Also cancelled out on going to the horse rescue ranch. There is a 'wash' out their way that can easily flood. Add to that the brush fire along the highway to London Bridge we have a lazy day shaping up. A day of raining. We picked up Jim’s luggage at the adobe and drove to Kingman. We drove out on Rute 66 to Hackberry and spent time at the Hackberry General Store. We did see the sun a few times but the thunderstorms finally won the battle. Went to Walmart then to Peggy Sue’s Diner in Golden Valley. Then we brought Jim back to his friends in Kingman and we came home. Ohhhh we had ice cream sundaes at Baskin Robin’s with Jim first. Rain has persisted. Went to Lewis’ for soup, then home and to bed by 9:30 pm.



April 9: The rain stopped for the night and then started up again and was on and off all morning. We had a late breakfast and then came to town to do laundry. I ran back to our place with ice and a few groceries., and then picked Jan up and went to Canyon Café for a salad and meet up with Lewis. Between rain showers I put the header in for the roof. Jan washed dishes and made pepper steak for dinner, with leftover yams and beans. Staying snug as a bug in a rug while the storm blows over. Flash lood warnings for Las Vegas. Went to bed at 9:30 pm. Seems to be the latest us Holliday folks can stay up anymore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Baskin & Robins Ice CreamBaskin & Robins Ice Cream
Baskin & Robins Ice Cream

Soy free Ice Cream!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb