Day 10: Vegas to Grand Canyon - "So, can you have a female bull?"


Advertisement
Published: July 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

At last, the day has arrived. Today we get to pick up our RV and join the hundreds of other tourists making the trek from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. After short training film, a tour of the van, signing about a hundred forms and working out how to take off the park brake, we were on the open road headed for the Grand Canyon.

First stop was Hoover Dam. A massive structure which I'm sure warranted more of a look than I gave it, but with it being over 50 degrees celcius outside I was more interested in why the aircon had stopped working in the campervan. Fortunately Gez got it back into action and we able to continue along our way. I must say though, the lady who runs the souvenier shop at Hoover Dam may be the best customer service person I've run into this trip (her only rival is Mike from Niagara Falls). The lady actually let us use her personal cell phone to call the roadside assistance people - and didn't even mind Gerry taking it outside.

Skip forward over a long drive, lots of heat and a short rainstorm and we made it to our campsite for the night. A last minute text message to confirm there were no time zone issues (thanks Shan) and then its lights out in preparation for a full days activities on the Canyon River Adventure tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Just a small snackJust a small snack
Just a small snack

(we didn't really buy these)
Look at the temperature in the bottom right corner!Look at the temperature in the bottom right corner!
Look at the temperature in the bottom right corner!

...at this point, our air conditioning was broken


Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb