Grand Canyon


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

If we'd planned on camping, Grand Canyon would've been an ideal place. N.. had camped here 20 years before when he followed the route 66 from L.A. to Chicago in '88. Well ok, Route 66 is long gone, but there are traces of it here and there. Back then he was driving one of those deals where a moving company pays you to drive somebody else's car, and N.. was silly enough to drive this car, a 240Z with a brand new racing engine but an automatic transmission, that nobody else wanted to touch. That time he'd run out of gas just before the National Park entrance because the car had no dash board and no guages. He was lucky and managed to hitch to a service station with some helpfil locals.

Thankfully, no such adventures this time around. After the Grand Canyon, we drove towards monument valley. This was the one place on this trip we had little difficulty finding a motel room. In fact, we got the last available room. There were a lot of French and German tourists driving the U.S. The Euro was so high compared to the dollar, the French thought the U.S. was on a half off sale.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb