Day 13 - Grand Canyon to Las Vegas


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last night was spent booking our helicopter flight for this morning which was surprisingly easy to do, must also mention The Coronado Room at the Best Western Squires Inn, great food and the Rattlesnake Eggs were to die for.

Our morning commenced with my first ever helicopter flight and if your gonna do it, why not do it with bells on, and all for £60, our flight lasted 30 mins and took you out over the South Rim and back, and as you may expect, the views were something else - if anyone ever makes it this far you can't not go up in the helicopter.

Back down to earth and it was off to the South Rim again to have a close up look at the canyon and take even more pictures, I was surprised at the lack of control there is here, and the lack of railings, as it's pretty much do what you want and go where you want (at your own risk), although this does make for some great photo ops.

Left the Grand Canyon early afternoon, after a quick dip in the hotel pool to cool off. Our natural route took us over the Hoover Dam for which the short cut to end all short cuts is currently being built, which I would think if you are not bothered about driving other the dam will cut the journey down from 15 mins to about 30 seconds.

Then on into Vegas and our hotel at The Luxor, a quick wash change and out and we're off to The Palms hotel for dinner, as we're walking through the casino to our restaurant we couldn't help but notice the large numbers of scantily clad women walking around, and after a little investigation it appears that tonight is Slumberparty night in Moon nightclub on the 53rd floor, with most people wearing their bedroom clothing to the club (although I doubt any of this clothing has ever made it to a bedroom), it was a horrible experience, honest, but we got tickets anyway. But dinner first at the Little Buddha restaurant, and - WOW, not going to go into detail - but you have to eat here, food was great.

The evening continued with a short wait and then a 53 floor lift ride to Moon, which itself is on 2 floors with a balcony level on floor 54 overlooking the balcony on the 53rd floor both of which look over towards the 'strip', the club itself was packed and mainly playing hiphop although a smaller (and in my opinion better) annexe was playing european dance, go downstairs to the 52nd floor and you enter the Playboy Club, slightly quieter then upstairs, but this floor had gaming tables and bunny girls, although the $100 minimum bet on the tables seemed to be scaring most (including me) people away. Many drinks later after several drunken calls and texts home to the wife informing her I am in the Playboy Club with bunny girls - clever - and we fall back into our room around 4am.

When I consider what was done today this has to be one of the best days of my 36 years to date.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb