The Grand Canyon


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Joshua TreeJoshua TreeJoshua Tree

These trees are all across the desert.

PIMP
Onward ho! Well, we continue our adventures onto Arizona. We continued on past the Hoover Dam and into Kingman, where we decided to stop at a motel in order to regroup and relax from our time in Vegas. We found a room at the ‘Arizona Inn’ that was acceptable, and looked around the town a bit. Kingman is on the old Route 66, and there were a few interesting places through the town that seemed to be old attractions. We ate at a great Thai place, too. After checking out the visitor’s center in the morning, we headed down south to Phoenix to stay with LeAnne’s friend who’s also named Natalie. As we entered Surprise, Arizona, LeAnne was able to reconnect with one of her cousins, Brian, and we visited with him for a bit at the local Starbucks. It was a nice visit for her, and she was really excited to get to see him again and catch up. He showed off his bomb car, which got LeAnne and I pretending that we were racecar drivers too. But the thing is, with all that stuff in Subie, she doesn’t really ‘get up and go.’ In fact, when we get started on any road it takes awhile to get going, so we often have buttholes who want to aggressively come up on us & tailgate. So we got a sticker that says, “DON’T TAILGATE ME or I’ll flick a booger on your windshield.” I think it works, b/c the ratio of tailgaters to time we’re on the road has significantly dropped.



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tin can lid in the desert...Tin can lid in the desert...
Tin can lid in the desert...

Natalie's artsy shot...oh, but what does it mean? so simple, yet so complex. brillant. haha :)
Sedona TrailsSedona Trails
Sedona Trails

These sweet singletracks wind through the rocks of Sedona. There were quite a few hikers, too.
BadassBadass
Badass

Look at this hardcore rider!
Swimming HoleSwimming Hole
Swimming Hole

We found this swimming hole right around the halfway point of our bike trip. We didn't have to pay for a spa treatment, because we just spread mud by the creek all over our legs. Refreshing!
Mail Me HomeMail Me Home
Mail Me Home

I was looking at the absurd prices of houses around the Sedona area when LeAnne snapped this gem. She said it looks like I'm trying to stuff myself in the mailbox...
Lo Lo MaiLo Lo Mai
Lo Lo Mai

Hammock setup by the creek.
Weird SedonaWeird Sedona
Weird Sedona

Sedona, Arizona is known as a center for healing, but this goes a little too far.
The Grand CanyonThe Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon

Here is our first glimpse from the popular South Rim.
Pictures Can't ExplainPictures Can't Explain
Pictures Can't Explain

There is really not a way to capture the Grand Canyon to show its dimensions.


2nd June 2007

TeePee
I think those are the same teepees that Oprah stayed in last summer during her road trip. And that classic blue car....looks quite like the one opa bought when we got to Ft. Lewis. Man, that sure dates me. Travel on...be safe....have fun.
8th June 2007

Question
I am beyond curious of your opinion...Is grand cannyon worth it? I am such a sucker for Moab and Zion etc...is swinging through GC worth the extra time? Love the updates...and love you!

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb