Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Flagstaff
October 3rd 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

October 1 - 3, 2010

Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, AZ

Arrived in Flagstaff and parked in another beautiful RV campground recommended by Good Sam Club. We had made reservations here for 3 nights, knowing that there was much we wanted to see in this area and the Snow Birds are heading south!! As we drove into the area clouds were forming in the sky - big, white, fluffy clouds that really enhance your pictures.

Saturday we took off for Sedona, driving through Oak Creek Canyon and Slide Rock State Park. Again we are in the area of deep red rock and the canyons are so steep there was no place to pull off to get a good picture. Sorry, you’ll have to come here and experience it for yourself!!

Sedona is a very beautiful town situated up on the mountain-side of these red rock canyons. Very much a “tourist town” and we acted like tourists and bought a few souvenirs (mostly T-shirts). It was really hot here so the city has installed water mists along the sidewalks to keep the tourists cool and encourage them to stay a little longer!

From Sedona we drove high up on
Flagstaff, AZ, J&H RV SignFlagstaff, AZ, J&H RV SignFlagstaff, AZ, J&H RV Sign

Don't leave anything on your way out!!
the mountain to the old Copper mining town of Jerome. Many years ago when Dwain’s folks lived in Prescott, AZ, we visited this town and Dwain bought me that beautiful big eagle that you have seen in my house. Jerome has turned into an Artist’s colony since the Copper mine closed down. However, we found the artists of today were very much more “hippie” than they were back in the late ‘80’s. On the way home we stopped to do some grocery shopping and re-stock before our 5-day drive to Houston. One of the big reasons we enjoy our RV so much is that we do not have to eat in Restaurants all the time.

As I write this, we are experiencing a thunderstorm!! Not a huge one but there is thunder rolling in the sky and rain is causing us to close the vents and a few windows.

We were going to Grand Canyon today, but are feeling pretty tired so decided to take a day off and rest up before heading for Texas. We have seen the Grand Canyon several times before in different seasons so will pass this time. Maybe on our way back (if it doesn’t snow) we’ll catch it?? This park we are in now closes October 15 and we noticed on our drive yesterday that many of the Forest Service campgrounds and Picnic areas are already closed. I guess Winter is coming.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sedona, AZSedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ

Prickly Pear Cactus
Sedona, AZSedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ

Chaparral (Roadrunner) ran across our path
Sedona, AZSedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ

Beautiful clouds in the sky.
Jerome, AZJerome, AZ
Jerome, AZ

Old Copper mining town


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb